Apple has pushed out GarageBand 6.0.4, introducing a few minor changes in addition to the usual “overall stability and performance” fixes. Of note, GarageBand’s Lesson Store has been changed to fix an issue that was preventing lesson downloads from completing properly. On a more practical note, the update also addresses a bug that caused some tempo-based effects to fall out of sync with the main song, as well as a problem with Magic GarageBand projects not opening properly in the tracks view. ($14.99 new from the Mac App Store, free update through Software Update or the Mac App Store, 53.72 MB)
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard