DEVONtechnologies has released updates for all editions of its information management applications, DEVONthink and DEVONnote. Version 2.2 of both apps focuses primarily on bringing the software up to date with Mac OS X Lion and adding support for Lion’s new full-screen mode. The software now supports the new Sparrow email client in addition to Apple Mail, and provides improved export-to-HTML features. In other changes, the Dock icon of both apps sport a progress indicator for long tasks, and the handling of keyboard shortcut keys like Tab, Return, and Enter has been refined. (All updates are free. DEVONthink Pro Office, $149.95 new; DEVONthink Professional, $79.95 new; DEVONthink Personal, $49.95 new, release notes; DEVONnote, $24.95 new, release notes)
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard
DEVONthink and DEVONnote 2.2
Check out the Take Control ebooks that expand on the topic in this article:
Set up short abbreviations which expand to larger bits of text,
such as “Tx” for “TextExpander”. With the new custom keyboard,
you can expand abbreviations in any app, including Safari and