Apple’s iWeb may be going the way of the dodo (we’re extrapolating from the fact that it hasn’t seen a major upgrade in years, along with the loss of MobileMe-based hosting; see “Apple Details Transition from MobileMe to iCloud,” 24 June 2011), but likely obsolescence hasn’t stopped the company from posting the occasional update to iLife’s Web publishing tool. Case in point, the fine folks from Cupertino have just released version 3.0.4, which, while not introducing any new features, “improves overall stability and addresses a number of minor issues.” (Free update through Software Update, 178.57 MB)
Record Online Meetings in Pear Note
While Pear Note is primarily geared toward recording notes in the physical world, it's possible to use it to record things in the virtual world as well. For instance, you can use it to record and take notes on Skype calls. To do this:
- Download Soundflower and install it (along with the Soundflowerbed app that comes with it).
- Download LineIn and install it.
- Start Soundflowerbed, and select Built-in Output (or whatever output you'd like to listen to the conversation on).
- Start LineIn, and select your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the input and Soundflower (2ch) as the output, then press Pass Thru.
- Open Pear Note Preferences, select Recording, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio device.
- Open Skype Preferences, select Audio, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio output and your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the audio input.
- Hit record in Pear Note and make your Skype call.
This will allow you to conduct your Skype call while Pear Note records both your audio and the other participant's.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
- Apple Details Transition from MobileMe to iCloud (24 Jun 11)
Check out the Take Control ebooks that expand on the topic in this article:
your PDFs, fill and sign forms, and even export PDFs to Word format.
Signing is now easier, you can view the OCR text layer, and more.
Try editing your PDFs today! <http://smle.us/pdfpen-7-tb>