Energy Saver and 1710AV Monitors -- An article in Apple's Tech Info library confirms reports of problems using Energy Saver with Apple's new 1710AV monitor. According to Apple, 1710AV monitors with serial numbers between SG522xxxxxx and SG536xxxxxx (inclusive) may randomly cycle while in Energy Saver mode, causing the power LED to randomly flash along with popping and clicking from the monitor itself. Units with serial numbers greater than SG537xxxxxx are not affected. This repeated cycling is hard on the monitor and may cause it to fail; Apple recommends disabling System Sleep in the Energy Saver control panel until the monitor can be serviced. If you have such a monitor, contact your Apple dealer or call 800/SOS-APPL. Be warned: there are reports of Apple refusing to exchange or accept returns of affected 1710AV monitors even if they have been hammered (and possibly damaged) by this problem. [GD]
Add Slides to Pear Note from Other Applications
If you have some slides in any application, and you'd like to add them to a Pear Note document, there's no need to save them out and then import them into Pear Note. Instead, you can send them directly to Pear Note through a PDF service. For instance, if you had slides in Keynote, just:
- Select Print within Keynote.
- Click the PDF button.
- Select Send PDF to Pear Note.
This can also be used to import other document types into Pear Note to take notes on them as well.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
Published in TidBITS 304.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- PowerPC Platform Specification Announced
- Billions of Happy Astronomers
- Now Utilities 5.0.2 for PCI Macs
- Apple Announces Three Language Kits
- Java Support Planned for CodeWarrior
- Yet Another 7.5.2 Printing Update
- Apple Confirms Problems with 7200/90 Ethernet
- Web Weaver Goes Commercial
- Digital Camera Details
- InterviewBITS with Peter Lewis, Part 1