Apple’s iTunes has been bumped to version 10.4, receiving no user-level changes but gaining a 64-bit foundation for maximum performance on Mac OS X 10.7 Lion; the update also includes several unspecified performance and stability improvements. Apple notes that, due to the architectural changes entailed by the move to 64-bit, third-party plug-ins may stop working with this version of iTunes; if that happens, contact the individual plug-in developers for help. (Free, 90.23 MB, release notes)
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
with our easy-to-use small ScanSnap Scanner line. Eliminate
paper piles by scanning documents, business cards, and receipts.
Visit us at: <http://www.ez.com/sstb>