The appearance of Safari 5.1 has prompted Smile to release TextExpander 3.3.2, which fixes the text expansion utility's delimiter, key press, and cursor handling in Apple’s latest Web browser under both Mac OS X 10.7 Lion and 10.6 Snow Leopard. However, Smile notes that expanding into password fields in Safari 5.1 still doesn’t work properly. Along with other minor fixes, TextExpander 3.3.2 also now retains proper font size when expanding into Microsoft Word. ($34.95 new, free update, 5.7 MB)
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
Check out the Take Control ebooks that expand on the topic in this article:
Check out the perks at <http://tidbits.com/member_benefits.html>
Special thanks to Joel Picus, Charles Morse, Calvin Wallace, and
Michael Flick for their generous support!