Evernote has released version 3.0 of its eponymous app for Mac OS X. The new release comes with a redesigned user interface that emphasizes simplicity and elegance, and more thorough support for Mac OS X 10.7 Lion. This includes support for Lion’s full-screen mode and the introduction of Lion-specific user-interface elements. Evernote also features an all-new Favorites Bar, which enables users to jump quickly to categories of notes that are relevant to them. (Free from the Evernote Web site or the Mac App Store, 17.5 MB)
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software