On the Tech Night Owl Live podcast, Take Control editor in chief Tonya Engst shared her perspective on ebook-related topics as a small publisher selling ebooks in big online venues like Apple’s iBookstore and Amazon’s Kindle Store. She also talked about her latest ebook, “Take Control of Your iPad,” recently updated to include the third-generation iPad and iOS 5.1. follow link
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.
Tonya Engst Discusses Ebooks on the Tech Night Owl Live
I would argue that eBooks are more rented (for the users/company's lifetime) than truly owned. E.g., if Amazon goes belly up tomorrow, my Kindle library is only as available as my backup/ability to take the DRM off the file to use in another context.
That's absolutely true when DRM is employed, and is one (among many others) reason we don't use it.