Ergonis has released KeyCue 6.2, which adds an oft-requested feature to the keyboard shortcut reminder utility. The new hands-free mode now enables you to pop open the shortcut table and keep it open for perusal without having to continue pressing a key. The release also adds two new black-and-white themes, as well as improves transparency adjustment for existing black-on-white themes. Additionally, the update provides workarounds for delays in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as well as an issue where no shortcuts were shown for Sibelius, fixes an issue with partly overlapping items in the Settings window, and corrects a problem where some shortcuts in iTunes were overlooked. (€19.99 new, free update, 2.2 MB, release notes)
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software