Apple has announced that downloads of iTunes U content have topped one billion. iTunes U doesn’t get much mainstream press, but it could be one of Apple’s most important projects, hosting over 2,500 courses (and thousands more private courses) from over 1,200 colleges and universities, plus another 1,200 K-12 schools and districts. Some iTunes U courses have as many as 250,000 students enrolled in them, and over 60 percent of the iTunes U app downloads originate from outside the United States. Put simply, iTunes U is an astonishing educational resource. follow link
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
One Billion Downloads at iTunes U