With all the noise about iOS 7, you might have forgotten about one of iOS 6’s least-known features: Guided Access, which lets you lock down apps and interface elements to protect your iPad or iPhone from prying eyes or rambunctious kids. Rene Ritchie of iMore gives an overview of how to use this feature, including how to simulate a “Guest Mode.” follow link
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
- 1Password 6.0.2
- Carbon Copy Cloner 4.1.7
- Final Cut Pro X 10.2.3, Motion 5.2.3, Compressor 4.2.2
- Banktivity 5.6.5 (formerly iBank)
- DEVONthink/DEVONnote 2.8.9
- Tweetbot 2.3.3
- Little Snitch 3.6.3
- Printer Drivers for Gestetner, Lanier, NRG, Savin, and Xerox Printers
- Lightroom CC 2015.4 and Lightroom 6.4
- Mac App Store Update for OS X Snow Leopard
- ExtraBITS for 17 June 2013 (17 Jun 13)
Lock Down Your iOS Device with Guided Access
Check out the Take Control ebooks that expand on the topic in this article:
Join Take Control editor in chief Tonya Engst on her quest to make the iPad experience more delightful, whether you're new to the iPad or not making the most of it, thanks to its many buried settings and hidden features. Covers iOS 6 and all the latest iPads! Special two-fer offer: Buy one and share it with an iPad-using friend or relative!