Well-known developer and podcaster Marco Arment is working on a new podcast client, called Overcast. In a blog post, he discusses how he came up with the name, the alternatives he considered, the steps he had to go through to ensure that there were no trademark infringements, and how he secured an online presence, including a domain name and Twitter handle. It’s a fascinating look into something most of us never consider. follow link
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.
- ExtraBITS for 30 September 2013 (30 Sep 13)
How to Name an App