Rogue Amoeba has released Intermission 1.0.3, adding full support for OS X 10.9 Mavericks to the audio utility that enables you to pause and rewind up to 3 hours of live audio on your Mac. (If you’re not familiar with it, check out why Josh Centers is a fan in “FunBITS: Intermission Lets You Browse Your Mac’s Audio History,” 11 October 2013.) The update also resolves an issue where Bluetooth audio devices could cause static, improves compatibility with the Soundflower audio extension, and makes several unspecified small fixes. ($15 new with a 20 percent discount for TidBITS members, free update, 5.9 MB, release notes)
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.