Our own Jeff Carlson wasn’t pleased with Time’s profile of Jony Ive. In a post on his blog, he describes the article as “ill-informed puff,” pointing out how the author, John Arlidge, compares Steve Jobs to a god, calls an assistant a “tech-head,” and lacks key knowledge about Apple. “I really do wish I knew why such high-profile, information-rich interview opportunities like this one are squandered by big magazines,” Carlson said. follow link
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
- 1Password 6.0.2
- Carbon Copy Cloner 4.1.7
- Final Cut Pro X 10.2.3, Motion 5.2.3, Compressor 4.2.2
- Banktivity 5.6.5 (formerly iBank)
- DEVONthink/DEVONnote 2.8.9
- Tweetbot 2.3.3
- Little Snitch 3.6.3
- Printer Drivers for Gestetner, Lanier, NRG, Savin, and Xerox Printers
- Lightroom CC 2015.4 and Lightroom 6.4
- Mac App Store Update for OS X Snow Leopard
Jeff Carlson Talks About Ive Talking to Time
The answer is in the prior article... Says Ive, “We’re surrounded by anonymous, poorly made objects. It’s tempting to think it’s because the people who use them don’t care..." Time is one of those uncaring businesses. Remember they are selling advertising, not magazines or information. If advertisers paid for space, the opportunity wasn't squandered.