Apple’s new Mac Pro relies completely on external ports for expansion, with six Thunderbolt ports, four USB 3.0 ports, one HDMI port, and two gigabit Ethernet ports. The folks at Macworld Lab put the Mac Pro’s expandability to the test, connecting 36 drives with a combined 100.63 TB of storage capacity, as well as a number of other devices. Even then, the combined devices together drew only 865 watts — less than a common hairdryer. follow link
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
- 1Password 6.0.2
- Carbon Copy Cloner 4.1.7
- Final Cut Pro X 10.2.3, Motion 5.2.3, Compressor 4.2.2
- Banktivity 5.6.5 (formerly iBank)
- DEVONthink/DEVONnote 2.8.9
- Tweetbot 2.3.3
- Little Snitch 3.6.3
- Printer Drivers for Gestetner, Lanier, NRG, Savin, and Xerox Printers
- Lightroom CC 2015.4 and Lightroom 6.4
- Mac App Store Update for OS X Snow Leopard
- The Care and Feeding of External Hard Drives (28 Apr 14)
How Many Devices Can You Attach to a Mac Pro?