In this freewheeling discussion with Tech Night Owl Live host Gene Steinberg, Adam Engst shares numerous stories from the 24-year history of TidBITS, noting how it parallels the growth of the Internet and changes at Apple. It’s well worth listening to for a trip down memory lane. follow link
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard
Adam Engst Talks through 24 Years of TidBITS on Tech Night Owl