Apple is now the greenest major tech company, according to a new report by Greenpeace. In the organization’s Clean Energy Index, which ranks companies based on clean energy usage, as well as use of other energy sources such as natural gas, coal, and nuclear, Apple scored 100 percent. By comparison, Facebook received 49 percent, Google scored 48 percent, and Amazon Web Services managed only a paltry 15 percent. follow link
Extend Mac OS X's Screenshots
Mac OS X has a variety of built in screenshot methods. Here's a look at a few that offer more versatility than the basic full-screen capture (Command-Shift-3):
• Press Command-Shift-4 and you'll get a crosshair cursor with which you can drag to select and capture a certain area of the screen.
• Press Command-Shift-4-Space to select the entire window that the cursor is over, clicking on the window will then capture it. The resulting screenshot will even get a nice drop shadow.
• Hold down the Space bar after dragging out a selection window to move your selection rectangle around on the screen.
• Hold down Shift after dragging out a selection to constrain the selection in either horizontal or vertical orientation, depending on the direction of your drag.
• Hold down Option after dragging out a selection to expand the selection window around a center point.
Visit plucky tree
Apple Declared the Greenest Company in Tech