ProCalc is Now CalcWorks -- If you've been looking for new versions of the popular Calculator replacement ProCalc, you've been looking in all the wrong places. Beginning with version 1.4.0, author John Brochu <firstname.lastname@example.org> has changed the name of his handy shareware program to CalcWorks to avoid a naming conflict with another product. But make no mistake: this award-winning desktop calculator is still around and better than ever. CalcWorks features full scientific and binary function sets, a printable paper tape window, optional RPN support (100 percent HP-compatible with pop-up stack display), customizable constants and conversions, a built-in help system (including a well-done Balloon Help), plus an easy-to-customize interface (put any calculator button anywhere you want). You can paste in equations for quick evaluation, enter figures directly in appropriate units (minutes, feet, degrees, etc.) and - thanks to a new floating point library - CalcWorks has floating point precision significantly better than most Mac applications (just try entering (1 - 0.9 - 0.1) in the standard Calculator and see what you get!). CalcWorks 1.4.2 can be located on most online services and at the following URL: [GD]
Search Snippets on the Fly in TextExpander
Have a large number of snippets and can't remember them all your abbreviations? Use TextExpander's Suggest Matching Abbreviations search feature. It makes finding your snippets fast and simple.
Set your hotkey combination by going to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys. Once it's set, to use the Suggest Matching Abbreviations hotkey combination:
- Type a few characters of your snippet or its abbreviation.
- Press your hotkey combination immediately after typing the characters. (Don't enter a space before pressing the hotkey combination.)
- A popup menu appears with all snippets that contain the characters you typed. Scroll through them and click the one you want.
Published in TidBITS 274.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Relax, It's Still A Hoax
- Apple Announces Strong Second Quarter
- Web ZIP Codes
- Welcome to the Web!
- It's All About Trust
- By leaps and bounds
- Microsoft Licenses Lycos Catalog
- Apple EPCOT Showpieces
- Third International World-Wide Web Conference
- Shedding Skin - Thoughts on "Silicon Snake Oil"
- CompuServe as a PPP Internet Provider