TCP/Connect II Correction and Update -- Dave Saunders <email@example.com> writes to tell us that the latest version of TCP/Connect II is (as of a few days ago) version 2.1.1, and it does support multiple Web windows, although in a somewhat unusual way. In the Web configuration window, there's an option entitled "Open a new window for each user-specified URL" and when that's checked, TCP/Connect II 2.1.1 opens a new window when you use the Open URL command from the Services menu (but not when you type a URL into the Current URL field in the Web window). Also, version 2.1.1 now supports CERN proxies, which means it can access WAIS URLs, as well as anything normally inaccessible to those behind a firewall running CERN proxy servers. [ACE]
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard