This issue comes a day late, and for those of you who live in other countries, my apologies. July 4th is Independence Day in the U.S., and it is celebrated in a truly American way by blowing things up and taking a day off from work. We went to the six mile-long Dungeness Spit, which claims to be the world's longest sand spit. Upon seeing it, I of course had to run to the end and, back, ignoring the fact that I was running on sand, hadn't run 10 miles in months, and wearing old running shoes, jeans, and a long sleeved shirt. I'm surprised I can walk today.
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard