Thanks to all of you who have returned the survey to us. I'm sure results will continue to flow in, so send yours in if you want to be in the running for a button. Some people have expressed confusion about some of the numbers asked for in the survey - don't worry about these too much, estimates are fine if you don't know the specific answer. If you've already discarded that issue, I've posted the text of the survey form on the fileserver, so you can easily request it, fill it out, and return it. Just send email to <firstname.lastname@example.org> with the single word "survey" (no quotes) in the Subject: line. Thanks!
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software