Jobs Named "Interim CEO" -- After serving as a "special advisor" to Apple's board of directors and executive management team for several months, Steve Jobs has been officially named interim CEO until Apple's board can tap a new CEO, likely before year's end. The new title changes little, but is interesting because Jobs may now be forced to take responsibility for his actions along with any credit that would be due. Previously, it would have been easy for Jobs to take credit for successes at Apple while ducking responsibility for problems his actions caused. Jobs's motivations remain a mystery - he has refused the post of CEO and even now only stands to be interim CEO for several months, but his recent actions are those of someone trying to remake a company in his own image. [ACE]
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard