Timbuktu Pro Upgraded to 4.0.2 -- Netopia, Inc., previously known as Farallon, has released version 4.0.2 of their remote control software Timbuktu Pro. New features include additional modem description files, some support for the Appearance Manager, and use of the underscore character in the TCP/IP tab. Bug fixes include mapping similar PC file names to unique names on the Mac, reduced memory requirements for copying PC files, a few network tweaks, and several cosmetic changes. The upgrade, which comes as a 2 MB patcher, is free to Timbuktu 4.0 users. Netopia is also offering special pricing on Timbuktu Pro through 31-Dec-97; check the second URL below for details. [ACE]
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software