This week, Allegiant Technologies confirmed months of rumor by publicly announcing it is seeking a buyer for its well-regarded multimedia authoring program SuperCard. (See "Surprised by SuperCard" in TidBITS-369.) Allegiant recently updated SuperCard to version 3.0.3 for compatibility with Mac OS 8, and currently plans to sell and support SuperCard until a buyer is found (in fact, they've extended $69.95 holiday pricing for SuperCard 3.0 through February). Allegiant is also seeking a new home for its Flamethrower CGI engine and the scriptable Internet protocol engine Marionet, and recently spun SoundMaker back to its original publisher, MicroMat. Although Allegiant had been developing a Windows version of SuperCard, the product has faced strong competition from the popular (and cross-platform) Macromedia Director, and Allegiant's recently-introduced Internet products have had to compete with well-established (and often free) products such as UserLand Frontier.
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
- 1Password 6.0.2
- Carbon Copy Cloner 4.1.7
- Final Cut Pro X 10.2.3, Motion 5.2.3, Compressor 4.2.2
- Banktivity 5.6.5 (formerly iBank)
- DEVONthink/DEVONnote 2.8.9
- Tweetbot 2.3.3
- Little Snitch 3.6.3
- Printer Drivers for Gestetner, Lanier, NRG, Savin, and Xerox Printers
- Lightroom CC 2015.4 and Lightroom 6.4
- Mac App Store Update for OS X Snow Leopard
- Surprised by SuperCard (10 Mar 97)