Western Civilisation has released version 2.1 of Palimpsest, their hypertext application for managing and analyzing large collections of electronic documents. (For more information, see "Palimpsest 1.1 - Is There a Document in the House?" in TidBITS 364.) Palimpsest 2.1 features support for the new look of Mac OS 8, support for contextual menus, better layout tools, more shortcuts, and enhanced printing. A subscription to Palimpsest costs $50 per year and includes full support and all upgrades within that time.
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard