Myrmidon 2.1 Adds CyberStudio Synergy -- Terry Morse Software has released Myrmidon 2.1, a popular document-to-HTML converter that "prints" documents to HTML instead of to a printer. Along with a few minor new features and preferences, the new version brings compatibility with the layout grid in CyberStudio from GoLive Systems, making it so CyberStudio users can tweak Myrmidon layouts quickly. The $69 (direct price) Myrmidon requires at least a 68020-based Mac, with 8 MB RAM and System 7.1. A demo version of Myrmidon is available as a 450K download; the demo version works for 25 conversions. (TidBITS noted the release of version 2.0 in "Myrmidon 2.0 Brings Numerous Enhancements" in TidBITS Updates.) [TJE]
Extend Mac OS X's Screenshots
Mac OS X has a variety of built in screenshot methods. Here's a look at a few that offer more versatility than the basic full-screen capture (Command-Shift-3):
• Press Command-Shift-4 and you'll get a crosshair cursor with which you can drag to select and capture a certain area of the screen.
• Press Command-Shift-4-Space to select the entire window that the cursor is over, clicking on the window will then capture it. The resulting screenshot will even get a nice drop shadow.
• Hold down the Space bar after dragging out a selection window to move your selection rectangle around on the screen.
• Hold down Shift after dragging out a selection to constrain the selection in either horizontal or vertical orientation, depending on the direction of your drag.
• Hold down Option after dragging out a selection to expand the selection window around a center point.
Visit plucky tree
- Myrmidon 2.0 Brings Numerous Enhancements (03 Oct 97)