Claris Organizer Reincarnated as PalmPilot MacPac -- 3Com's Palm Computing division has announced plans to base the next version of its Macintosh desktop software for the PalmPilot and Palm III handhelds on Claris Organizer, which 3Com purchased from Apple for an undisclosed sum. (For more about the PalmPilot, see Jeff Carlson's recent series of articles.) The upcoming Palm MacPac should also include an extensible Macintosh HotSync conduit (essentially, the link that ferries data from Palm devices to the Mac), enabling developers to include support for Palm-based data in their applications. Registered owners of MacPac 1.0 will be able to download the new software in several months for free (it will be available online for 60 days after its release). New Palm device owners will be able to order the MacPac (which includes a cable adapter to work with Macintosh ADB ports) for $14.95. [JLC]
Add Hyperlinks to TextExpander Snippets
You can include a clickable link in a TextExpander snippet. Here's how:
- Create a new snippet.
- From the Content menu (just above the snippet body), choose Content: Formatted Text, Picture.
- Put a full URL in the snippet body, such as http://www.smilesoftware.com/
- Control-click the link text and choose Make Link from the pop-up menu.
After you've made the link, you can replace the visible URL with other text. Just put your cursor in the active link text and make changes as you would with any other text.
- FileMaker Pro 12 Updates Themes and Layout Capabilities (15 May 12)
- Palm Desktop Marks Return of a Familiar Organizer (01 Mar 99)
- Emailer and the Death of Software (12 Oct 98)
- Palm Organizer for Macintosh: Details Emerge (01 Jun 98)
- Crossed Chips and Cables (18 May 98)
- Crossed Chips and Cables (12 May 98)
Published in TidBITS 429.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
Claris Organizer Reincarnated as PalmPilot MacPac
Convert double-sided documents to PDF with the one-button ScanSnap.
Scan documents, business cards, and receipts, and eliminate
paper piles from your desk. Visit us at: <http://www.ez.com/sstb>