Palm Desktop 2.5 Expands HotSync & USB Support -- Although not officially announced, the latest version of Palm Computing's Palm Desktop for Macintosh is now available for download. (See "Palm Desktop Marks Return of Familiar Organizer" in TidBITS-469.) Version 2.5 adds greater control over switching between multiple users synchronizing their Palm organizers on the same Mac and makes it easier to access the HotSync Manager settings. The update also supports USB connections using Palm's new PalmConnect USB Kit, a $40 serial adapter for users of USB-equipped computers. Other improvements include the ability to disable onscreen alarms (though the alarm dialog boxes are still modal if you choose to leave the feature activated), and an iMessenger email conduit for owners of the wireless Palm VII. Palm Desktop for Macintosh 2.5 is a free 6.8 MB download. [JLC]
Add Notes to Pre-existing Recordings in Pear Note
While most people think of Pear Note as a tool for recording notes live, it can be used to take notes on pre-existing recordings as well. If you have an audio or video recording that you'd like to take notes on in Pear Note, simply:
- Drag the audio/video file to Pear Note and import it into a new document.
- Hit play.
- Click the lock to unlock the text of the note.
Now you can take notes that will be synced to the recording, just as if you'd recorded them live.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
Published in TidBITS 501.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Mac OS 9 to Be Released 23-Oct-99
- Symantec Ships NAV 6.0 and NUM 5.0
- Maxum Updates NetCloak, Rumpus, & PageSentry
- Poll Results: StuffIt Expander 5 Wins
- Quiz Preview: Apple's International Market
- Jobs Splits iMac Line over Digital Video
- Precision Web Pages with Style Master
- That MP3eaceful, Easy Feeling, Part 2
Palm Desktop 2.5 Expands HotSync & USB Support
Use device inventory, app distribution, security settings, and
more on many devices at once, using an intuitive Web portal.
Manage 3 devices for free, forever. Try it! <http://www.bushel.com/>