Palm Desktop 2.5 Expands HotSync & USB Support -- Although not officially announced, the latest version of Palm Computing's Palm Desktop for Macintosh is now available for download. (See "Palm Desktop Marks Return of Familiar Organizer" in TidBITS-469.) Version 2.5 adds greater control over switching between multiple users synchronizing their Palm organizers on the same Mac and makes it easier to access the HotSync Manager settings. The update also supports USB connections using Palm's new PalmConnect USB Kit, a $40 serial adapter for users of USB-equipped computers. Other improvements include the ability to disable onscreen alarms (though the alarm dialog boxes are still modal if you choose to leave the feature activated), and an iMessenger email conduit for owners of the wireless Palm VII. Palm Desktop for Macintosh 2.5 is a free 6.8 MB download. [JLC]
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Constant Dictionary Definitions
If you hold down Command-Control-D in a Cocoa-based application that supports AppleSpell, you'll see little dictionary pop-ups for each word that you mouse over. Neat, eh?
Published in TidBITS 501.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Mac OS 9 to Be Released 23-Oct-99
- Symantec Ships NAV 6.0 and NUM 5.0
- Maxum Updates NetCloak, Rumpus, & PageSentry
- Poll Results: StuffIt Expander 5 Wins
- Quiz Preview: Apple's International Market
- Jobs Splits iMac Line over Digital Video
- Precision Web Pages with Style Master
- That MP3eaceful, Easy Feeling, Part 2