Anarchie 3.7 Rolls In Mac TCP Watcher -- Stairways Software has released Anarchie 3.7, its popular FTP and HTTP file transfer and Internet searching tool. (See "Anarchie (Pro) Continues to Rule" in TidBITS-448 for a review of version 3.0). Anarchie 3.7 includes a Watch menu which can generate a technical, low-level report on the status of your TCP connectivity and sports many functions from Stairways' earlier Mac TCP Watcher 2.0, which Anarchie now supersedes. Anarchie can now do DNS lookups; perform traceroutes to remote systems (so you can see the path packets are taking to and from another computer on the Internet ); perform ICMP, TCP, and UDP tests of remote systems, and display a list of all active and listening TCP connections on your Mac. Unfortunately, these new functions aren't scriptable or accessible via key commands, which is sure to frustrate frequent users. Anarchie 3.7 is free to registered users; otherwise the product is $35 shareware. Anarchie is a 1.4 MB download and requires System 7 and MacTCP 1.1 or later (System 7.5.5 and Open Transport 1.2 or later both recommended). [GD]
Boost Netflix Volume
Is your streamed movie in Netflix too quiet to hear without straining? In Boom, click the Mac Volume button, then enable the Boom Volume slider and move it all the way to the right to increase your Mac's system volume.
Visit Global Delight
- Anarchie (Pro) Continues to Rule (28 Sep 98)
Published in TidBITS 509.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Holiday Hiatus
- IBM Ships ViaVoice Speech Recognition
- The Tilery 4.1 Improves Display Options
- StarNine Ships WebSTAR Server Suite 4.1
- Free SoundJam 1.5 Update Improves MP3 Encoding
- Macworld Expo SF '00 Events List Online
- Macworld SF Netter's Dinner 2000
- Poll Preview: Digital Exposure Time
- Eudora 4.3 Public Beta Adds Free Usage Modes
- Macintosh-Windows Translation Dictionary
- Digital Camera Buying Guidelines, Part 2