StarNine Ships WebSTAR Server Suite 4.1 -- StarNine Technologies has released WebSTAR Server Suite 4.1, the latest edition of its widely used collection of Mac OS Internet servers, including Web, email, FTP, Proxy, and directory services capabilities. Major new features in version 4.1 include full Mac OS 9 compatibility and an enhanced search engine which can serve as a Web crawler, indexing material available from any Web local disks as well as remote sites. WebSTAR Server Suite 4.1 also features a myriad of fixes and tweaks to its plug-ins, significant improvements to its FTP and email servers, and enhancements to its Web-based email interface. WebSTAR Server Suite 4.1 also ships with Active Concepts' Funnel Web 3.6 Lite log analysis tool, so WebSTAR users can more easily analyze their server usage and performance (Funnel Web 3.6 Lite is limited to 50,000 hits per report). WebSTAR Server Suite 4.1 is a free 8 MB downloadable update for owners of version 4.0. WebSTAR normally retails for $600, with discounts for upgrades, academic, and volume purchases; a 30-day demo version is also available from StarNine's Web site. [GD]
View Extra Audio Details in Snow Leopard
In Snow Leopard, Option-clicking the Volume icon in the menu bar displays a list of sound input and output devices. Choose one to switch to it; it's much easier than using the Sound preference pane. Also, hold Shift and click the icon to set the system volume, which is separate from the general output volume.
Published in TidBITS 509.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Holiday Hiatus
- IBM Ships ViaVoice Speech Recognition
- The Tilery 4.1 Improves Display Options
- Anarchie 3.7 Rolls In Mac TCP Watcher
- Free SoundJam 1.5 Update Improves MP3 Encoding
- Macworld Expo SF '00 Events List Online
- Macworld SF Netter's Dinner 2000
- Poll Preview: Digital Exposure Time
- Eudora 4.3 Public Beta Adds Free Usage Modes
- Macintosh-Windows Translation Dictionary
- Digital Camera Buying Guidelines, Part 2