Poll Results: Buying Digital Cameras -- From 06-Dec-99 to 31-Dec-99 we ran three polls about digital cameras, and for once, I'm pleased to say that barely anyone participated at all. Kudos to everyone who let their computers sit idle and enjoyed some time off for the holidays! In the first poll, which queried camera ownership, the approximately 600 responses were split roughly three ways between "currently own," "play to buy," and "no plans." The second poll narrowed the topic, and about 300 people answered when they bought or planned to buy a digital camera. Ignoring the specific numbers, the trend was clearly toward more people buying into digital camera technology every year. Finally, in our third poll, which asked how much you paid for your first digital camera, about 100 people participated, scattering their answers roughly along a standard bell curve, with most people paying between $500 and $750. [ACE]
Track Bandwidth Use with VirusBarrier X6
If you have monthly bandwidth limits, it's useful to know how much data you have used so far to avoid overage charges or being shut off by your ISP. But how do you determine how much data your Mac has transferred? Open VirusBarrier X6's Traffic window to see both current and cumulative traffic, and you can also create warnings when your data usage - incoming, outgoing, or both - exceeds an amount you specify.
Published in TidBITS 511.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- TidBITS Appearances at Macworld SF
- Minor Y2K Fix for Excel 98
- Now Up-to-Date & Contact Are Now Up to Date
- MWJ Mac OS 9 Coverage at Fatbrain.com
- Poll Preview: A-OK for Y2K?
- Internet Explorer 4.51 & Outlook Express 5.01 Fix Problems
- OT Tuner 1.0 Combats Possible Net Abuse of Macs
- Don't Panic - Be Informed about Net Security
- InterviewBITS with Neil Shapiro