Poll Preview: They Come in Colors -- Next week we'll be looking at Canvas 7, the latest version of Deneba's popular Swiss Army knife of graphics programs. Other than Canvas, in which Contributing Editor Matt Neuburg has long been interested, we tend not to cover graphics programs much since most of us we live in a more text-oriented world. So tell us, what are the graphics programs you use most often to edit and create graphics? We've selected some big names for the poll answers, but we also recognize that there are many other possible options, so we've started a thread in TidBITS Talk where you can tell us what other programs you use and why you like them. [ACE]
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software