Poll Results: Ad-ing It Up -- Last week's release of Eudora 4.3 prompted us to ask what TidBITS readers thought about the option of applications displaying advertisements in exchange for enabling commercially available features. We received more than 850 responses which were decidedly split: 47 percent of respondents indicated they liked the idea at least a little, while 53 percent indicated they disliked or strongly disliked the idea. Discussion on TidBITS Talk also varied, although we understand this topic is difficult to nail down to specifics, since Eudora 4.3 is at the moment the only widely used application following this model - and it has been available for only a week. [GD]
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard