Poll Preview: Palm Before the Storm -- Handheld computers used to belong only to the excessively organized or excessively geeky (or odd combinations of both). Now, every third person at a convention is trying to beam you his business card. With the popularity of Palm OS-based devices on a continual climb, we want to know: If you've been thinking about buying a Palm OS-based handheld device, which model do you find most appealing? Choose from the monochrome Palm III family (Palm IIIx, IIIxe, or IIIe), the color Palm IIIc, the slim Palm V or Vx, the wireless Palm VII, Handspring's Visor or Visor Deluxe, or the Technology Resource Group's TRGPro. Read on for more details about the new Handspring Visors and register your vote on our home page! [JLC]
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
Poll Preview: Palm Before the Storm
Set up short abbreviations which expand to larger bits of text,
such as “Tx” for “TextExpander”. With the new custom keyboard,
you can expand abbreviations in any app, including Safari and