AOL 5.0 -- America Online has released AOL 5.0 for Macintosh, which includes a new calendar feature, the capability to retrieve messages you've accidentally deleted within the last 24 hours, support for Apple's text-to-speech technology to read messages aloud, and more. However, the new client still includes a customized version of Internet Explorer 4.0 as its Web browser, not the more recent Internet Explorer 4.5 or 5.0. AOL 5.0 requires a PowerPC-based Macintosh with at least Mac OS 8.1, 32 MB of RAM, and 30 MB of disk space, although AOL recommends a PowerPC G3 or better processor, 64 MB to 128 MB of RAM, and 100 MB of disk space. AOL 5.0 is a 10.4 MB download. [JLC]
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
- Hazel 3.3.7
- 1Password 6.0.2
- Carbon Copy Cloner 4.1.7
- Final Cut Pro X 10.2.3, Motion 5.2.3, Compressor 4.2.2
- Banktivity 5.6.5 (formerly iBank)
- DEVONthink/DEVONnote 2.8.9
- Tweetbot 2.3.3
- Little Snitch 3.6.3
- Printer Drivers for Gestetner, Lanier, NRG, Savin, and Xerox Printers
- Lightroom CC 2015.4 and Lightroom 6.4
Published in TidBITS 529.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Government Recommends Microsoft Breakup
- FileMaker 5 Internet Security Holes
- Apple Offers Free iMovie Download
- Handspring Releases Palm Desktop 2.6
- Virtual PC 3.0.3 Update Released
- Dartmouth Spins Off Software
- Poll Preview: Collateral Spammage
- Modifying the Macintosh Startup Sequence
- Email Spam: The Bandwagon Plays On, Part 2