ATM Light 4.6 Adds OpenType -- Adobe has released Adobe Type Manager Light 4.6, adding support for displaying OpenType fonts. OpenType is a font specification co-developed by Adobe and Microsoft that combines both PostScript and TrueType font information into the same file, supporting a larger variety of international and extended typographic characters. ATM Light 4.6 is a free 2.5 MB download; it requires a PowerPC-based machine with Mac OS 8.1 or later. [JLC]
Find Text Leading from Acrobat PDF
Ever have to recreate a document from an Acrobat PDF? You can find out most everything about the text by using the Object Inspector, except the leading. Well, here's a cheesy way to figure it out. Open the PDF in Illustrator (you just need one page). Release any and all clipping masks. Draw a guide at the baseline of the first line of text, and one on the line below. Now, Option-drag the first line to make a copy, and position it exactly next to the original first line at baseline. Then put a return anywhere in the copied line. Now adjust leading of the copied lines, so that the second line of copy rests on the baseline of the second line of the original. Now you know your leading.
Or you could buy expensive software to find the leading. Your choice.
- ATM Deluxe 4.6 with Type Reunion 2.6 (17 Jul 00)
Published in TidBITS 538.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Microsoft Patch Helps Word & PowerPoint
- Web Companion 5.0v5 Available
- PowerMail 3.0.4 Available
- Correction: IE 5.5b1 Not on MacHack CD
- Poll Results: What A Tangled Web We Weave
- Poll Preview: I Go, You Go, We All Go Expo
- TidBITS Translators Needed!
- Macworld NYC 2000 Events
- Inspiration 6 More Inspiring - To Kids
- Hacking the Press, Part 1: Why Bother?