Correction: IE 5.5b1 Not on MacHack CD -- I screwed up! Contrary to what I said in "The MacHax Best Hack Contest 2000 Winners" in TidBITS-537, Internet Explorer 5.5b1 (the hack entry from the Microsoft Internet Explorer team) is not on the MacHack CD-ROM that's available for sale. It was on the CD distributed to MacHack attendees, and I incorrectly assumed that the two CDs would be identical. Since the availability of the CD-ROM was a last minute thing at our publication time last week, the comment about IE 5.5b1 wasn't in the article draft that the MacHax folks fact-checked for me. My apologies for any confusion or inconvenience, and rest assured that wet noodle flagellation was carried out with enthusiasm! [ACE]
Fill in Gaps in Pear Note
If you ever find yourself zoning out during a meeting or class, only later to realize that you forgot to take notes for 20 minutes, Pear Note makes it easy to fill in those gaps. To do so:
- Open your Pear Note document.
- Hit play.
- Click on the last text you did type to jump to that point in the recording.
- Click the lock to unlock the text of the note.
- Take notes on the part you missed.
Your new notes will be synced to the recording just as if you'd taken them live with the rest of your notes.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
- The MacHax Best Hack Contest 2000 Winners (03 Jul 00)
Published in TidBITS 538.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Microsoft Patch Helps Word & PowerPoint
- Web Companion 5.0v5 Available
- ATM Light 4.6 Adds OpenType
- PowerMail 3.0.4 Available
- Poll Results: What A Tangled Web We Weave
- Poll Preview: I Go, You Go, We All Go Expo
- TidBITS Translators Needed!
- Macworld NYC 2000 Events
- Inspiration 6 More Inspiring - To Kids
- Hacking the Press, Part 1: Why Bother?