Poll Results: What A Tangled Web We Weave -- Last week's poll asked what sort of tools you use when you create Web pages, and the results proved fascinating. Respondents were mostly a do-it-yourself kind of crowd, with 79 percent using text-based editors like BBEdit versus only 53 percent using graphical editors like GoLive. Far fewer used HTML converters built into other applications (16 percent) or Web-based tools like Apple's iTools (7 percent). It was good to see that 71 percent of the respondents test pages in multiple Web browsers, though fewer than 20 percent rely on HTML validators or link checking utilities. [ACE]
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
- 1Password 6.0.2
- Carbon Copy Cloner 4.1.7
- Final Cut Pro X 10.2.3, Motion 5.2.3, Compressor 4.2.2
- Banktivity 5.6.5 (formerly iBank)
- DEVONthink/DEVONnote 2.8.9
- Tweetbot 2.3.3
- Little Snitch 3.6.3
- Printer Drivers for Gestetner, Lanier, NRG, Savin, and Xerox Printers
- Lightroom CC 2015.4 and Lightroom 6.4
- Mac App Store Update for OS X Snow Leopard
Published in TidBITS 538.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Microsoft Patch Helps Word & PowerPoint
- Web Companion 5.0v5 Available
- ATM Light 4.6 Adds OpenType
- PowerMail 3.0.4 Available
- Correction: IE 5.5b1 Not on MacHack CD
- Poll Preview: I Go, You Go, We All Go Expo
- TidBITS Translators Needed!
- Macworld NYC 2000 Events
- Inspiration 6 More Inspiring - To Kids
- Hacking the Press, Part 1: Why Bother?