Quicken 2001 Ships -- Intuit has begun shipping Quicken 2001 for Macintosh, the latest version of its market-dominating personal finance package. Quicken 2001 offers a global search and replace feature which operates across accounts, the capability to notice repeated payments and proactively remind you they're coming due, plus a software update feature which can automatically notify you when updates or bug fixes are available. Intuit also claims over 500 financial institutions now support online banking functions in the Mac version of Quicken, though less than 70 currently support direct connections - the others merely provide data you can download into Quicken. The Windows version of Quicken 2001 also sports features missing on the Mac side, including a Smart Reconcile feature which can find and correct common register errors and improved portfolio management features. Quicken 2001 requires a PowerPC-based Mac running Mac OS 8.6 or higher, 32 MB RAM or more, and a CD-ROM drive; it costs $60, although buyers are eligible for a $20 mail-in rebate if they can provide a photocopy of the packing slip for Quicken 2001. [GD]
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard
- Own Quicken? Get Quicken Deluxe 98 Free (05 Jul 99)