MyFonts.com Adds Fresh Faces -- During this time of dot-com implosions, it's nice to see a good idea doing well. Online font vendor MyFonts.com announced that it has added 11 new font foundries to its lineup, increasing the size of its catalog to more than 13,000 typefaces. The new additions include faces from Bergsland, BlueVinyl Fonts, Burghal Design, Storm Type Foundry, and others. Part of the MyFonts appeal, aside from the depth of offerings, is its online technologies: WhatTheFont can examine an uploaded scanned image and identify the typeface used, while TypeXplorer provides font suggestions based on boldness, width, contrast, or x-height. [JLC]
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard