TidBITS Publisher Ranks Third in MDJ Power 25 -- In the now-annual survey of industry insiders coordinated by Macintosh publication MDJ, TidBITS publisher Adam C. Engst once again placed in the top five most influential figures in the Macintosh industry. This year Adam claimed third place, coming in behind Apple CEO Steve Jobs (no surprise there!), and giving up last year's second place spot to Apple's head of software engineering, Avie Tevanian, the man most directly responsible for Mac OS X. Rounding out the top five were Microsoft chairman Bill Gates in fourth place and Apple's hardware design virtuoso, Jonathan Ive. Congratulations to Adam and the others recognized in the MDJ Power 25! [GD]
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software