Handspring Introduces Pro and Neo Visors -- Handspring today released two new Visor devices, adding speed and more memory to the Palm OS-based handhelds. The entry-level Visor Neo, priced at $200, features 8 MB of memory and is now 50 percent faster than the Visor Deluxe, thanks to its 33 MHz Dragonball VZ processor. The Visor Pro, at $300, uses the same processor but includes 16 MB of memory, the most built-in RAM of any current Palm device, and is powered by an internal rechargeable battery. Both devices feature grayscale screens, Springboard expansion slots, and the same form factor as the Visor Deluxe, albeit in different colors: the Pro is silver, while the Neo comes in translucent red, blue, and "smoke." Both Visors qualify for Handspring's current promotion that offers a free VisorPhone Springboard module with any Handspring Visor and service activation. (See "Diving Into Visor Springboard Modules" in TidBITS-586 for more about the VisorPhone.) [JLC]
Extend Mac OS X's Screenshots
Mac OS X has a variety of built in screenshot methods. Here's a look at a few that offer more versatility than the basic full-screen capture (Command-Shift-3):
• Press Command-Shift-4 and you'll get a crosshair cursor with which you can drag to select and capture a certain area of the screen.
• Press Command-Shift-4-Space to select the entire window that the cursor is over, clicking on the window will then capture it. The resulting screenshot will even get a nice drop shadow.
• Hold down the Space bar after dragging out a selection window to move your selection rectangle around on the screen.
• Hold down Shift after dragging out a selection to constrain the selection in either horizontal or vertical orientation, depending on the direction of your drag.
• Hold down Option after dragging out a selection to expand the selection window around a center point.
Visit plucky tree
- Diving Into Visor Springboard Modules (02 Jul 01)
Handspring Introduces Pro and Neo Visors
your PDFs, fill and sign forms, and even export PDFs to Word format.
Signing is now easier, you can view the OCR text layer, and more.
Try editing your PDFs today! <http://smle.us/pdfpen-7-tb>