Microsoft Offers Word X Test Drive -- For those with Mac OS X 10.1, Microsoft is offering a free Word X Test Drive to give people a look at what's coming in the final version of Office X for Macintosh, due in a few months. The Word X Test Drive is available only in U.S. English, is intended only for evaluation purposes, does not come with any support, expires on 01-Jan-02, and lacks some features that will be present in the final version (including printing, help, Visual Basic for Applications, and themes). For information about Word X's new features, including multiple discontiguous selection and the capability to clear all formatting from selected text, see "Microsoft Office 10's Carrot and Stick" in TidBITS-591. Word X requires Mac OS X 10.1, and is a 22 MB download. [ACE]
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard