ConceptDraw 1.71 Released -- CS Odessa has updated the Standard and Professional versions of ConceptDraw, its software for creating diagrams and flowcharts (see "Make the Connection with ConceptDraw" in TidBITS-553 and "CD-Odessa Takes ConceptDraw Professional" in TidBITS-597). Changes in this release include support for PNG graphics, improved EPS export and data exchange with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, and a few bug fixes and optimizations under Mac OS X. The Standard version also boasts a streamlined user interface and more shortcuts and menu commands. The ConceptDraw 1.71 update is free to registered users, and is a 4.5 MB (Standard) or 4 MB (Professional) download. [JLC]
Record Online Meetings in Pear Note
While Pear Note is primarily geared toward recording notes in the physical world, it's possible to use it to record things in the virtual world as well. For instance, you can use it to record and take notes on Skype calls. To do this:
- Download Soundflower and install it (along with the Soundflowerbed app that comes with it).
- Download LineIn and install it.
- Start Soundflowerbed, and select Built-in Output (or whatever output you'd like to listen to the conversation on).
- Start LineIn, and select your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the input and Soundflower (2ch) as the output, then press Pass Thru.
- Open Pear Note Preferences, select Recording, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio device.
- Open Skype Preferences, select Audio, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio output and your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the audio input.
- Hit record in Pear Note and make your Skype call.
This will allow you to conduct your Skype call while Pear Note records both your audio and the other participant's.
Visit Useful Fruit Software