Eudora 3.1 Available -- Hot on the heels of the release of Claris Emailer 2.0, Qualcomm released version 3.1 of Eudora Light and Eudora Pro. The main new feature in both versions is a hierarchical Mailboxes window that provides a target for drag & drop of messages, quick access to mailboxes, and easy manipulation of your mailbox hierarchy. Eudora Pro 3.1 also features a toolbar that simplifies adding styled text to messages, support for displaying attached graphics within a message window, and "personalities." Personalities enable a single copy of Eudora Pro to send and receive mail on multiple Internet email accounts, which is ideal for those of us with lots of accounts. People who share a copy of Eudora Pro will still want to keep separate Eudora Folders with separately configured Eudora Settings files. The update for Eudora Pro is free, and Eudora Light remains completely free. The Eudora Pro updater is 1.7 MB, and Eudora Light 3.1 is 2 MB. [ACE]
Extend Mac OS X's Screenshots
Mac OS X has a variety of built in screenshot methods. Here's a look at a few that offer more versatility than the basic full-screen capture (Command-Shift-3):
• Press Command-Shift-4 and you'll get a crosshair cursor with which you can drag to select and capture a certain area of the screen.
• Press Command-Shift-4-Space to select the entire window that the cursor is over, clicking on the window will then capture it. The resulting screenshot will even get a nice drop shadow.
• Hold down the Space bar after dragging out a selection window to move your selection rectangle around on the screen.
• Hold down Shift after dragging out a selection to constrain the selection in either horizontal or vertical orientation, depending on the direction of your drag.
• Hold down Option after dragging out a selection to expand the selection window around a center point.
Visit plucky tree