BBEdit 6.5.1 Fixes Bugs, Adds Minor Features -- Bare Bones Software has released BBEdit 6.5.1, adding a number of small features such as support for JSP (Java Server Pages), modified keyboard navigation, interface tweaks, and minor scripting improvements. The list of minor bug fixes is extensive (and is a model of how product release notes should be written!). If you use BBEdit 6.5 at all seriously, you'll want this free update; it's a 7.3 MB download. [ACE]
Delete All Comments in Word in a Flash
You needn't clear comments in a Word document one by one. Instead, bring out the big guns to delete all of them at once:
1. Chose Tools > Keyboard Shortcuts.
2. Under Categories, select Tools.
3. Under Commands, select DeleteAllCommentsInDoc.
4. With the insertion point in the "Press new keyboard shortcut" field, press keys to create a keyboard shortcut. (I use Control-7)
5. Click the Assign button.
6. Click OK.
You can now press your keyboard shortcut to zap out the comments.
The steps above work in Word 2008; they likely work nearly as described in older versions of Word.
- BBEdit 6.5.2 Tweaks Features, Fixes Bugs (04 Feb 02)
Published in TidBITS 611.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
BBEdit 6.5.1 Fixes Bugs, Adds Minor Features
Set up short abbreviations which expand to larger bits of text,
such as “Tx” for “TextExpander”. With the new custom keyboard,
you can expand abbreviations in any app, including Safari and