Get an iLife -- Apple has released iLife, its suite of digital hub applications that includes iTunes 3 (which doesn't undergo an update in iLife), iMovie 3, iPhoto 2, and iDVD 3. iMovie 3 and iPhoto 2 are now available as free downloads. iDVD 3, which is too large to download (in the 2 GB range, to judge from iLife's system requirements) will be available only via the $50 iLife CD/DVD package. Those who purchased SuperDrive-equipped Macs on or after 07-Jan-03 qualify for a $20 "iLife Up-To-Date" price; similar $20 prices are available for QuickBooks and for an iLife/QuickBooks bundle, again for appropriate Macs purchased on or after 07-Jan-03. [ACE]
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software