CFM-68K 4.0 -- Apple has released version 4.0 of the CFM-68K Runtime Enabler, which corrects "all known problems" with previous versions of the component (see TidBITS-356). CFM-68K allows applications that require the Code Fragment Manager (like LaserWriter 8.4, Cyberdog, AOL 3.0, and Microsoft Internet Explorer 3.0) to run on 68K machines. Now that a final version of CFM-68K is available, releases of CFM applications for 68K machines should appear shortly. [JLC]
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software