Keynote 1.0.1 Update -- Apple released Keynote 1.0.1 via Software Update, saying that the new version brings support for Japanese, French, German, Dutch, Italian, and Spanish to the presentation software. However, I was also able to confirm with Apple that Keynote 1.0.1 fixes a few unspecified bugs, making it a worthwhile download even for those who need only the English support. A few notes: on my iBook, which has relatively little free disk space, I was warned that Keynote works best with 1 GB of free disk space; although the Keynote box does make that clear as well, it came as a surprise to me. Also, Keynote must be installed on your startup volume. Keynote 1.0.1 is a 9 MB download. [ACE]
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.