Apple Releases Safari Public Beta 2 -- Apple's widely adopted beta Web browser received an update today to Public Beta 2. New in this incarnation is the capability to browse multiple pages within the same window using a tabbed interface, along with the AutoFill features made popular by Internet Explorer. This release includes a new Reset Safari option, which clears the history, cache, cookies, and Downloads window, along with any saved names and passwords, AutoFill text, and Google search entries. Safari Public Beta 2 also improves compatibility with Web standards, boosts AppleScript support, imports Netscape and Mozilla bookmarks, and is available in English, Japanese, French, and German. The update is available via Software Update, or as a 3.7 MB download. [JLC]
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard